The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This activity has been approved for
(General) recertification credit
HRTrainOnline is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
1-hour educational program = 1 PDC.
1-hour and 15 minute concurrent conference session = 1.25 PDCs.
3-hour e-learning course = 3 PDCs.
Avoided conversations or meetings because you didn't want to risk another conflict? Lost your patience or let others push your hot buttons and regretted it later? Wished you could be more assertive and maintain your composure when dealing with emotional customers, co-workers, family or friends?
Why should you Attend:
Success in our high-pressure world hinges not just on our technical skills, but also on our ability to deal effectively with others and remain energized at the same time.
We all have people who push our buttons. If that relationship is with our boss, colleagues, or clients, it can drain our energy, take us off track and infect the other areas of our life. The key is to find effective ways to work with them and build a positive, successful relationship.
Negativity Costs Many of us have learned to avoid, rather than deal with the bullies, know-it-alls, and other difficult people in our life because it is easier than confronting the source of the problem. But, overlooking the problem is the worst thing we can do.
We have more control than we might think. Nothing can change the fact that some people are simply more difficult to deal with. What we can change is our reaction. Building a rock-solid relationship with our boss, colleagues, and clients depends on being able to recognize and respond appropriately to their different behaviors and situations.
This workshop is MORE than just about learning effective communication skills. Learn successful strategies and tips for building a positive, productive relationship by knowing HOW to effectively respond, cope, and manage the impact of their behavior. End frustration. Act rather than react, and be more successful.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Who Will Benefit:
- Identify and control the impact of difficult people so that you can keep the situation from escalating further
- Differentiate the 4 types of attitudes and understand how they develop in order to keep your cool in a variety of situations
- Recognize 8 iconic types of difficult people from the avoider to the complainer and learn how to handle these unique situations and people by identifying the payoff
- Utilize various verbal and non-verbal communication techniques and situational strategies that you can use to de-escalate and effectively handle upset people
- Know how to act not react in solving situations so that you can approach your work and life with more confidence and enjoyment
- Effectively handle those that push your buttons including the know-it-all, the intimidation, and the gossiper, and feel less stress and more success in working and interacting with these people
- Know the payoff. Find out why a strategy that works on one difficult person may be devastating when used on another
- Use a 3-step approach to determine what course of action to take based on the S-O-S PrincipleTM and find personal ways to be more positive and optimistic
- Human Resources Professionals
- Health and Safety Reps
- Union Reps
- Supervisors, Manager, Directors (Team Leads)
- Executive Directors Not-For-Profit
Beverly Beuermann-King specializes in working with people and organizations who want to control their reactions to stress, build resiliency against life's challenges and live healthy, successful lives using her S-O-S Principle™.
Beverly launched her company in 1995, and since then she has helped teams from a wide range of industries to be happier, engaged, and successful. Audiences discover the right strategies to improve their health, manage their challenges, and enhance their life’s satisfaction.