Being able to deliver an effective presentation is a critical skill in today’s workplace. It could be speaking to a large group of peers or employees; or addressing a major client or prospect; or even influencing senior management to fund a project; or some other situation that can impact your credibility as an effective manager or leader.
If this thought makes you nervous, you are not alone. Jerry Seinfeld tells a hilarious joke about how many of us are so terrified of public speaking that we would rather be in the casket at a funeral versus delivering the eulogy.
The “Good News” is you can quickly develop the speaking skills to present yourself as prepared, poised, and professional! This webinar will provide you with winning tips and techniques to conquer your nervousness; or the fear that someone might stump you with a hard question; or the anxiety that you may come across as a boring speaker who puts the audience to sleep; or other challenges that are holding you back from making effective presentations.
So, instead of just talking at the audience, make sure you stand up and deliver with calm, confidence, competence, and command!
Why you should Attend:
What are powerful speaking skills? It’s not how loud you are or how much information, slides or charts you present. Rather it’s how quickly you can engage the audience; keep their interest throughout your presentation; and most importantly, be able to communicate your ideas, positions, or viewpoints in a way that your message not only informs, but also motivates and influences people to take action.
However, powerful speaking skills do not come naturally to most people. And, even gifted speakers, follow a formula or roadmap: It’s called the “Five S’s for Success.” These 5 speaking factors are the absolute essentials for delivering impactful, insightful, and informative presentations.
- Strategy: Understand your audience, who they are, what they need, what’s important to them
- Structure: Prepare your content: Title, introduction, evidence, stories, summary, ending
- Style: Deliver the content: Focus, body language, energy, word choice, pace
- Spark: Quickly build rapport, credibility, enthusiasm, with the audience
- Self Confidence: Project calmness, competence, and command
This webinar will focus on each of these “Five S’s” as well as provide practical and innovative speaking techniques that will help the anxious beginner, who wants to be the best presenter they can be, as well as the more experienced, who wants to gain some new tips to incorporate in their future presentations.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Who Will Benefit:
- Examine the 5 S’s or building blocks for an effective presentation
- Learn to organize your presentation: Opener - Main Points - Ending
- Grab the attention and connect with the audience right from the start
- Take the nervousness out of speaking by practicing stress techniques
- Review 7 tips to enhance your presentation style and build self-confidence
- Learn to handle tough questions, sensitive situations, 3 kinds of difficult people
- Develop your confidence to present in various situation and setting, online or in-person
- Chief Learning Officer
- Managers and Supervisors
- Team Leaders
- HR Leaders and Professionals and anyone who are required to make presentations
Marcia Zidle is a board-certified executive coach, business management consultant and keynote speaker, who helps organizations to leverage their leadership and human capital assets.
She has 25 years of management, business consulting and international experience in a variety of industries including health care, financial services, oil and gas, manufacturing, insurance, pharmaceuticals, hospitality, government and nonprofits.
She brings an expertise in strategy and alignment; social and emotional intelligence; executive and team leadership; employee engagement and innovation; personal and organization change management.
She has been selected one of LinkedIn Profinder’s top coaches for the past 5 years.