The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This activity has been approved for
(General) recertification credit
HRTrainOnline is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
1-hour educational program = 1 PDC.
1-hour and 15 minute concurrent conference session = 1.25 PDCs.
3-hour e-learning course = 3 PDCs.
The one and only purpose of a performance appraisal is to
"IMPROVE FUTURE PERFORMANCE."
The only competitive advantage any organization has is its employees. So while your competitors are either doing away with giving meaningful feedback to their employees or using it to recount history, It is a perfect time for you to energize your employees with meaningful work and gain their commitment to the job and to you, their supervisor.
Performance Management is an ongoing process. Instead of trying to recapture 52 weeks of employee performance in one sitting like most organizations do, a performance review should be just that - A REVIEW of the performance with an emphasis on what improvements for the upcoming review year.
Why you should Attend:
Taking Responsibility for Talent Improvement is the one and only job of supervisors and managers.
Properly communicating goals, objectives and standards of performance as well as ensuring employees gain the skills necessary to maintain a work culture of continuing improvement will make you a better leader by making you more productive and make your job easier in the long run.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Who Will Benefit:
- Setting the groundwork for improving the performance and skill level of all employees
- Determining the types of competencies necessary for success in each position you are supervising
- Defining acceptable levels of execution in completing tasks, fulfilling accomplishments and implementing necessary changes
- Having a smooth running workforce in which employees know what has to be done
- Follow up mechanisms to provide on-going feedback to your employees
- Developing problem solving skills in which supervisors and their employees collaborate on how to work through the difficulties they encounter in their day to day activities
- Gaining commitment of all people in your organization
- Top Management
- Human Resources Professionals
Bob McKenzie, has over 40 years of human resources management experience. His background includes a wide range of hands-on experience in all areas of Human resources management in all types of industries within the public and private sectors.
Bob has been cited in a number of Human Resources trade publications. Among them are HR.com, HR Magazine, HR Florida Review, Vault.com, BNA and the Institute of Management and Administration and the Business Journal. He has been a speaker at a number of conferences as well as audio and web-based seminars.
Bob is a graduate of Rider University where he received a Bachelor of Science in Commerce Degree and double majored in Industrial Relations and Organizational Behavior.