The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This activity has been approved for
(General) recertification credit
HRTrainOnline is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
1-hour educational program = 1 PDC.
1-hour and 15 minute concurrent conference session = 1.25 PDCs.
3-hour e-learning course = 3 PDCs.
Her career in public speaking began on a stage in front of 700 college freshmen. Talk about a tough audience!
Today Certified Speaking Professional Mandi Stanley has moved from the campus podium to the corporate classroom, traveling throughout North America inspiring business professionals to overcome organizational obstacles and deliver powerful written and oral presentations. She has parlayed her early experiences into the opportunity to train others to be better persuasive communicators.
She's a summa cum laude graduate with concentrations in English, communication, and management and is the award-winning business author of The No-Panic Plan for Presenters: An A-to-Z Checklist for Speaking Confidently and Compellingly Anywhere, Anytime. It was named a Finalist in the Career category at the Independent Book Publisher Awards in New York.
Why you should Attend:
Whether in an informal setting or a more formal presentation, we all want to bring our "A Game" any time we speak up in a meeting or express our ideas to our boss. So, what in the world is holding us back?
Plan to join us if:
- Quite frankly, you hate public speaking
- You've been embarrassed because you get "shaky hands" when you stand up to speak
- You don't want people in the audience counting every time you say "um" or "and uh"
- You've been so nervous that you've broken out in bright red splotches when presenting to an audience
- You just don't want to be boring when it's your time to shine
- You're afraid someone might stump you with a hard question
- You truly desire fresh approaches to presenting ideas to your team and other audiences
- You simply want to gain a couple of new tips you can incorporate immediately to be the best presenter you can be each and every time
Everyone from the anxious beginner to the confident professional will grow from expert advice such as:
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Making the most of your first three minutes
- Reinforcing sticking points throughout your presentation
- Fine-tuning your eye contact, gestures, and overall delivery
Be ready and more prepared than ever before. Here's what you'll gain from our crash course that will revolutionize your approach to presenting on the job.
Preparing Your Presentation
Good openings are sure-fire crowd pleasers.
Don't bore them at the beginning!
- Make the most out of your "Three-Minute First Impression"
- Reinforce your sticking points throughout your message
- Figure out what everyone else is doing-then DON'T do it
- Submerse yourself in the three "must-do's" for any presentation opening and intentionally hook your audience
Delivering Your Presentation
- Don't be guilty of fizzling out at the end: Close with a big bang
- Completely overhaul your slides
- Fine tune your nonverbal know-how
- Identify and eliminate any nervous habits or jitters
- Handle unexpected questions effortlessly
- Learn some surprise presentation tips from the pros
BEST PRACTICE of ALL
Banish the "ums" and "uhs."
Yes, people will sit and listen to you and count the number of times you say "and uh." It's ridiculous. I'll share the only secret I know to eradicate vocal fillers from all of your presentations for good. This technique alone is worth your time investment.
Who Will Benefit:
- Human Resources Professionals
- Knowledge Professionals
- Administrative Professionals
- Employees Being asked to do more writing on the job than Expected
- Training Specialists
- Learning and Development Specialists
Mandi Stanley With more than 16 years of experience on the seminar circuit, Certified Speaking Professional Mandi Stanley works primarily with business leaders who want to boost their professional image and with people who want to be better speakers and writers.
In 2003, Mandi was designated a CSP, Certified Speaking Professional. Fewer than 9 percent of all worldwide speakers have earned this designation, and Mandi is the first Mississippian in history to receive this honor through the National Speakers Association.
She's a summa cum laude graduate with concentrations in English, communication, and management, and served as a faculty member of the American Management Association for five years. Mandi is the author of The No-Panic Plan for Presenters, which was named a Finalist in the Career category at the Independent Book Publishers Awards in New York. Audiences appreciate her platform enthusiasm, interactive style, and content-rich messages.