EQ and how it relates to individual, team and workplace performance; The focus of this webinar is how to use emotional intelligence to increase the performance and effectiveness of managers, supervisors and professional staff.
These four areas will be covered:
Why should you attend:
- What and Why of Emotional Intelligence (EQ) Define recognize the top three reasons you and your organizations need to practice EQ
- EQ Competency Framework Identify and define the four domains in the EQ model and the relevant competencies associated with each domain. Learn the four core skills required to practice emotional intelligence
- Strategies to Manage Emotions How to stop your emotions from hijacking your ability to think in difficult situations; articulate your emotions using the right language; recognize trigger words, non-verbal cues, sensitive situations
- Putting It Into Practice How EQ can be used to motivate and inspire; be flexible and more easily adapt to change; influence and build consensus and other workplace issues.
Emotionally intelligent managers, supervisors and professional staff are your greatest assets. They solve problems, resolve conflict and build teamwork. Researchers and business experts agree that people with high emotional intelligence (EQ) are consistently the top performers in their organizations. They're more resilient and flexible when things get tough, and are held in the highest regard by their bosses, peers, co-workers, and others.
On the other hand, those with low EQs continually sabotage their own efforts and those of others. They fail to tune into the emotions of their employees; minimize their efforts to solve problem and improve productivity; and tend to alienate the members of their teams and other stakeholders. They more likely see very limited options when emotions are triggered and to say and do things that break down relationships and teamwork. They often find themselves working around or against people rather than with them.
By using the emotional intelligence skills you'll learn during this webinar, you'll gain the ability to more appropriately respond to the world around you and eliminate the stress and frustration that often comes from working with others.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Who Will Benefit:
- Identify and understanding the 4 main components of emotional intelligence (EQ)
- Recognize why emotional intelligence is vital to succeeding in today's workplace
- Apply the EQ model to optimize professional performance and working relationships
- Learn self-management skills to keep your emotions in control in order to effectively lead or manage others
- VP of Human Resources
- Chief Learning Officer
- Project Managers
- Operation Managers
- Team Leaders
- Staff Managers and Supervisors
Marcia Zidle is a board-certified executive coach, business management consultant and keynote speaker, who helps organizations to leverage their leadership and human capital assets.
She has 25 years of management, business consulting and international experience in a variety of industries including health care, financial services, oil and gas, manufacturing, insurance, pharmaceuticals, hospitality, government and nonprofits.
She brings an expertise in strategy and alignment; social and emotional intelligence; executive and team leadership; employee engagement and innovation; personal and organization change management.
She has been selected one of LinkedIn Profinder’s top coaches for the past 5 years.