The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This activity has been approved for
(General) recertification credit
HRTrainOnline is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
1-hour educational program = 1 PDC.
1-hour and 15 minute concurrent conference session = 1.25 PDCs.
3-hour e-learning course = 3 PDCs.
You work in a complex and ever-evolving workplace. Conflict is a natural result of people having different points of view, values, and beliefs.
When left unaddressed, workplace conflict can lead to increased absenteeism, reduced productivity, resentment, hostility, and disengagement. When well-managed, conflict can enhance relationships, deepen understanding of self and others, and stimulate change and growth. Knowing that there is not a one-size-fits-all approach to resolving conflicts, how do you help manage conflict effectively and support your colleagues who may be feeling frustrated, angry, or powerless? Successful leaders know how to manage conflict and set the tone for effective conflict resolution.
Why you should Attend:
Move from having a workplace were there are conflicts around jurisdiction, power, lack of resources, and unrealistic expectations, to a workplace where there are productive conversations, buy-in and powerful insights. Discover a framework for assessing the types of conflict common in the workplace and develop strategies for their resolution. Determine the right strategy for the right situation to encourage change, promote decision making, build engagement, and prevent harm to your important working relationships.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Interpersonal conflict is inevitable
- When you consider conflict as a sharing of ideas, it can be beneficial to moving forward
- It’s OK to leave some conflicts unresolved
- Positive conflict management helps everyone move forward
- A leader’s negative reaction to conflict has a ripple out impact on conflict in the workplace
- By listening empathetically, asking pertinent questions, evaluating the personalities involved, and determining the appropriate level of intervention, a leader can resolve most strife
Who Will Benefit:
- Explore the 10 cause and 6 escalators of conflict
- Understand best practices and practical strategies in resolving conflict
- Optimize your interaction and presence in a conflict
- Improve your understanding of and approach to conflict management learning when and how to adopt the 5 different conflict resolution styles
- Discover the how to respond effectively to conflict in different settings
- Learn how to confidently turn conflict into productive discussions using our 10 Steps
- Recognize how to establish and use conflict as a positive and productive force in the workplace
- Develop personal action plans for conflict situations back at work
- Human Resources Professionals
- Health and Safety Reps
- Union Reps
- Supervisors, Manager, Directors (Team Leads)
- Executive Directors Not-For-Profit
- Business Owners, Entrepreneurs
Beverly Beuermann-King specializes in working with people and organizations who want to control their reactions to stress, build resiliency against life's challenges and live healthy, successful lives using her S-O-S Principle™.
Beverly launched her company in 1995, and since then she has helped teams from a wide range of industries to be happier, engaged, and successful. Audiences discover the right strategies to improve their health, manage their challenges, and enhance their life’s satisfaction.