The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This activity has been approved for
(General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR, PHR, PHRca, SPHR, GPHR, PHRi and SPHRi recertification through HR Certification Institute (HRCI). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org." ...more
HRTrainOnline is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
1-hour educational program = 1 PDC.
1-hour and 15 minute concurrent conference session = 1.25 PDCs.
3-hour e-learning course = 3 PDCs.
Have you ever hired someone who did not live up to expectations? Are your managers selecting too many round pegs to fit into square holes? If you hire people for positions who are not good fits, they will struggle to reach optimum performance, to be fully engaged, and are more likely to leave. They will also eat up your time and energy and weaken an entire team.
The key to success is not hiring candidates based on their resume of past success but rather being able to hire someone who will perform well in the required job as well for future assignments.
The interview process should determine if there is a match between the individual and the position. Furthermore, a good process allows you to understand the applicant's behavior, values, motivations, and qualifications. Behavior based interviewing is a tool you can learn and use effectively to select the best fit person for the position.
In this webinar you will learn the essentials of behavioral interviewing: hiring the right people, at the right time, with the right skills, for the right position.
Why should you Attend:
Does your candidate interviewing system consist of proven practices or just a hodgepodge of activities that get into gear when someone says, “I need more people” or “Sally has left, and we need someone to take her place NOW?”
The effectiveness of your hiring practices impacts the effectiveness of the organization. A new hire that does not fit the position will be difficult to develop, will perform poorly and more likely leave resulting in the need to repeat the process. Only when interviewing is approached as a specific methodology with definable steps and measurable results can it be managed to ensure the hiring of quality people.
Smart hiring is more than posting requisitions, screening, and talking with the candidates, checking references, making an offer, etc. It is a series of specific interviewing practices and techniques that can bring in top talent rather than lead to poor hires.
The topics to be covered are:
- Fine-tune your shopping list: Do you know what you need?
- Focus on the nuts and bolts of behavioral interviewing
- Develop specific and follow-up questions to assess the candidate’s competencies
- Use a behavior-based rating scale to evaluate candidates
- Confidently make a best-fit hiring decision
The focus of this webinar is to help organizations maximize their hiring efforts as well as helps managers and recruiters enhance their interviewing effectiveness.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Who Will Benefit:
- Develop a position profile - A multi-functional job description tool -so you recruit and hire the right people from the start
- Create behavioral interview questions that go beyond the resume to assess a candidate’s capabilities and experience
- Produce an interviewing guide with key questions and tips to ensure hiring the right person for the position
- Ask the right questions to get applicants to speak openly while avoiding inappropriate and illegal questions
- Avoid the 5 top interviewing mistakes that hiring managers and recruiters make - even experienced ones
- Develop selection criteria and rating system to ensure you will not hire round pegs to fit into square holes
- Learn to avoid early judgments. First impressions can make an impression, but it can be the wrong impression
- Managers and Supervisors
- Talent Management Professionals
- VP of Human Resources
- Chief Learning Officer
- Project Managers
- Operation Managers and Supervisors
- Team Leaders
- Human Resources Professionals
- Anyone Who Wants To Enhance Their Interviewing Skills
Marcia Zidle is a board-certified executive coach, business management consultant and keynote speaker, who helps organizations to leverage their leadership and human capital assets.
She has 25 years of management, business consulting and international experience in a variety of industries including health care, financial services, oil and gas, manufacturing, insurance, pharmaceuticals, hospitality, government and nonprofits.
She brings an expertise in strategy and alignment; social and emotional intelligence; executive and team leadership; employee engagement and innovation; personal and organization change management.
She has been selected one of LinkedIn Profinder’s top coaches for the past 5 years.