The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This activity has been approved for
(General) recertification credit
HRTrainOnline is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
1-hour educational program = 1 PDC.
1-hour and 15 minute concurrent conference session = 1.25 PDCs.
3-hour e-learning course = 3 PDCs.
Any act of harassment committed by an employee or an agent of any employer in the course of the employment shall be considered to be an act committed by that employer.
Harassment claims cut across all industries, sectors, and organizations. Harassment is not just a legal liability, but also a serious reputational and business risk. Harassment harms the victim, the harasser and the organization. However, harassment doesn’t have to be blatant to cause serious problems for you and your company.
In addition to the time and expense of a potential complaint, discrimination and harassment can impact the workplace in a negative manner by causing lower employee morale, increased absenteeism, lower productivity, decreased commitment to the employer, and decreased motivation.
Employers need to ensure that their workplace is free from harassment, discrimination, and bullying. Participants will learn about the myths associated with harassment, how to recognize physical, verbal, and visual forms, how to bring more control and less stress to the situation, and how to enact your company's policy.
Why you should Attend:
Harassment claims cut across all industries, sectors, and organizations. Harassment is not just a legal liability, but also a serious reputational and business risk.
Have You Ever
- Felt at a loss for words, awkward or afraid to speak up when someone is being inappropriate in the workplace?
- Wondered what constitutes harassment in the workplace?
- Felt that there was more that you could do to support those in your company who were experiencing a harassment issue or improve workplace behaviour?
Join this webinar to ensure a workplace free of toxicity and harassment and learn how the Proactive Personal Response can empower those being harassed to break free
Areas Covered in the Session:
Who Will Benefit:
- Understand the key concepts around harassment and why it is important to promote awareness in your workplace
- Discover who is affected by harassment and what your organization needs to do to combat harassment
- Recognize and understand how harassment harms the victim, the harasser and the organization
- Differentiate between harassment and behavior that’s simply in poor taste
- Utilize a variety of techniques to decrease and discourage harassment in its ‘early’ stages
- Promote the Proactive Personal Response within your teams to promote a harassment-free environment
- Human Resources Professionals
- Health and Safety Reps
- Union Reps
- Supervisors, Manager, Directors (Team Leads)
- Executive Directors Not-For-Profit
- Business Owners, Entrepreneurs
Beverly Beuermann-King specializes in working with people and organizations who want to control their reactions to stress, build resiliency against life's challenges and live healthy, successful lives using her S-O-S Principle™.
Beverly launched her company in 1995, and since then she has helped teams from a wide range of industries to be happier, engaged, and successful. Audiences discover the right strategies to improve their health, manage their challenges, and enhance their life’s satisfaction.