The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This activity has been approved for
(General) recertification credit
HRTrainOnline is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
1-hour educational program = 1 PDC.
1-hour and 15 minute concurrent conference session = 1.25 PDCs.
3-hour e-learning course = 3 PDCs.
The National Center for Public Policy and Higher Education estimates that by 2020 the minority representation in the workplace will be 37%. Today, millennials make up 53.6% of the workforce and more than 44% of millennials classify themselves as "other" than white.
Diversity is identified. Now the work of inclusion begins. Are you prepared?
Inclusion means diverse others are part of the meaningful workflow that makes the company strong in the marketplace.
Managers will make the employees feel psychologically safe to surface the truth, include them in decision-making, and seek their input when setting goals and objectives.
Utilizing worker's thought processes, life experiences, personalities,and innate gifts of character are part of inclusion and thus retention.
Attend this webinar, implement the techniques and you'll experience:
Why should you Attend:
- Less absenteeism
- Greater loyalty among team members and staff
- A larger pool of talent for solving daily challenges
- The natural retention of valued people
- Fewer stress-related conditions that destroy productivity
Diversity, and not only of the standard diverse characteristics such as race, ethnic group, and gender, is a driving force for intelligent growth in your organization. It is important to hire people with diverse personalities, educations, life experience, and thinking styles to ensure collaboration, avoid group think, and increase creativity.
After they are on the payroll, the next step is to include them in conversation, problem solving and decision making. If you don't you are negating your hiring efforts.
The principle of inclusion assists you in retaining your best and brightest employees. It cuts attrition in a tight labor market. For these economic reasons, sign up for this webinar and learn the intricacies of inclusion so you do it right.
Areas Covered in the Session:
This program will upskill your management mindsets to inclusive mental and emotional approaches by learning how to:
- See inclusion as a mosaic of new possibilities
- Look beyond diverse characteristics and search for innate talents and character gifts
- Respect a plethora of education and life experiences
- Overcome unconscious bias
- Replace a scarcity mentality with an abundance mentality
You will learn how to:
- Define diversity and inclusion in your own mind
- Permit individuals to surface the truth
- Use the power of gratitude and recognition
- Identify personality strengths
- Use facilitation techniques to ensure all opinions are heard
- Approach issues when errors are made
- Use emotionally intelligent social skills
- Express empathy
- Recognize and be willing to change your assumptions
- Be culturally Intelligent
- Refrain from judging others by your own cultural standards
- Validate the unique attributes each individual brings to the organization
With inclusive efforts, you'll increase productivity and discretionary effort.
Who Will Benefit:
- Vice Presidents
- Managers and employees in:
- Finance & Accounting
- Team Leads and team members
- Project Managers and project team members
- CEOs, CFOs, CXO, etc.
Karla Brandau is a thought leader in management and team building techniques. She trains managers to improve their relationship with the employees to earn their gift of discretionary effort. She specializes in personalities, communication skills, leadership principles.
She is the CEO of Workplace Power Institute and has educated mangers with her proven leadership principles in companies such as Motorola, Coca-Cola Enterprises, Panasonic, and BYD America.
She has a degree in education and is a Certified Speaking Professional, an earned designation given by National Speakers Association.
Karla’s book, How to Earn the Gift of Discretionary Effort, teaches managers how to be the leader people CHOOSE to follow, not have to follow because of their position on the organizational chart.