This program increases organizational and team efficiency by focusing on the process after the vision and strategy is set.
That focus is execution and the methodology of setting transparent goals. Implement the methodology taught and everyone in the organization will have a common language enabling them to understand the business priorities and consistently achieve breakthrough results.
Execution often gets bogged down because there are many facets to broad goals. The setting of many Lead indicators makes it easy to track the progress toward that all-encompassing goal. Having many Lead indicators enables delegation so team members.
The process of setting Lead and Lag indicators taught in this webinar ensure that workers have focus and line-of-sight from tasks to the goal. They understand how completing items on their to-do list contributes to the success of the organization.
Why should you Attend:
As you look at your strategic objectives and goals set by upper management, are they a little fuzzy and unfocused?
This increase team execution program class doesn't superficially tell you about goals but shows you the step-by-step process. You learn to define lagging indicators as metrics used to measure past performance like shining a flashlight on the past. Leading indicators, however, use metrics as a predictor of future performance like looking through a telescope or binoculars.
Expect a transformation as you learn how to write your goals with a focus on Lead indicators that predict the achievement of Lag indicators.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Who Will Benefit:
- Distinguish Lead and Lag indicators
- Translate Lead and Lag indicators into well-written goals
- Write effective Lead indicators that lead to goal achievement
- Define terms so everyone knows when a Lag goal has been achieved
- Write goals in terms that promote execution
- Break goals into as many Lead measures as necessary
- Include the employees for transparency, common visibility, and buy in
- Establish a predictable path to accountability
- Build consensus
- Have checkpoints with employees that dismiss micromanagement
- Individual contributors at all levels of the organization
- Managers at all levels of the organization
- Anyone who wants to get more of what they need out of life
Karla Brandau is a thought leader in management and team building techniques. She trains managers to improve their relationship with the employees to earn their gift of discretionary effort. She specializes in personalities, communication skills, leadership principles.
She is the CEO of Workplace Power Institute and has educated mangers with her proven leadership principles in companies such as Motorola, Coca-Cola Enterprises, Panasonic, and BYD America.
She has a degree in education and is a Certified Speaking Professional, an earned designation given by National Speakers Association.
Karla’s book, How to Earn the Gift of Discretionary Effort, teaches managers how to be the leader people CHOOSE to follow, not have to follow because of their position on the organizational chart.