The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This activity has been approved for
(General) recertification credit
HRTrainOnline is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
1-hour educational program = 1 PDC.
1-hour and 15 minute concurrent conference session = 1.25 PDCs.
3-hour e-learning course = 3 PDCs.
Participants who are new to Executive Compensation will benefit by this overview of the Executive Compensation Program in companies of all types. It will help those who have to design a new program for the first time, as well as those who need insight into established program concepts. The pragmatic Webinar Leader, David Wudyka, will offer his ideas for "do's and don'ts" when managing Executive Compensation.
Why you should Attend:
In the Compensation field, some practitioners call Executive Compensation (EC) its "own area" of specialization, requiring fully dedicated HR support. Not to mention, this subject is about some of the most important employees of the organization, namely, its Executives.
For this reason alone, it is vitally important to ensure that the Executive Compensation program is properly managed. This is a webinar for people who are new to the EC function.
Program content includes:
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Elements of EC Programs
- Motivating Executives
- Stock Based Plans
- Measuring Performance
- Program Development
- Evaluating the Grade Levels for Executive Roles
Who Will Benefit:
- What distinguishes EC from other sub-fields of the Compensation function?
- What is the unique terminology applicable to EC programs?
- What are the typical (and quite unique) elements of an EC program?
- What is "good" EC strategy? What is likely to be an ineffective strategy?
- What does it take to motivate an Executive?
- What are "stock based" plans, and why are they so central to EC programs?
- What should Executives be paid? How surveys of EC pay can be effectively utilized?
- What tips exist for managing Executive performance?
- What is an overview for designing an EC program?
- The role of taxation in stock based plans
- What's an "ESOP"?
- Should an EC program have an "egalitarian" philosophy?
- Why stock values are NOT an effective way of measuring CEO success
- Why EVA and SVA plans may be the BEST way to evaluate CEO effectiveness
- Can Executives have pay plans that reward just Executives?
- When should a company use "Phantom Stock"? How is it calculated?
- What is the difference between "Qualified" and "Non-Qualified" stock plans?
- What is "Total Compensation" and why is it so important?
- What are "Perquisites" and what are some common examples?
- What is Egalitarianism and when should we use it to manage Compensation?
- What is the role of "Job Evaluation" in the EC program?
- Human Resource Managers
- Compensation Analysts
- Compensation Managers
- Financial Managers of HR Departments
David J. Wudyka, MBA, is the Managing Principal of Westminster Associates of Wrentham, MA (www.westminsterassociates.net). He has over thirty years experience as a Human Resource Consultant with a specialty in Compensation Consulting. David has taught extensively in colleges and universities such as UMass Boston, Bryant University, and the U.S. Coast Guard Academy. David is especially interested in how the HR Dept. can strengthen its role as a Strategic Partner in businesses today. He is writing extensively about how to improve pay transparency and to reduce the gender pay gap in ways that make sense for businesses of all sizes.